2 May 2020 – IT HAS COME TO OUR ATTENTION THAT A VICIOUS AND ORCHESTRATED CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN LAUNCHED AGAINST SAFA AND ITS LEADERSHIP BY BITTER AND DISGRUNTLED INDIVIDUALS HOPING TO GET MEDIA ATTENTION AND TRACTION DURING NATIONAL LOCKDOWN.
WE BELIEVE IT IS AN ORCHSTRATED CAMPAIGN FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. The allegations come within days of each other with a former CEO having given an interview to a Sunday newspaper with a litany of accusations.
2. It is important to note that the accusations are made by individuals who have lost their positions within SAFA through lawful termination of their contracts, in this case through retirement at the age of 65 in spite of SAFA retirement age of 60 years and the expiry of a fixed term contract.
3. During the nationwide lockdown SAFA is unable to operate or convene meetings of the national executive committee
4. The aforementioned members held senior positions in the organisation over many years and have been party to the most important decisions.
5. They must know by running with unfounded and untested allegations to the media, it does not validate or make them factual.
6. They have served on SAFA structures for many years and having submitted glowing reports to SAFA NEC, SAFA Congress, CAF and FIFA over many years, they now want us to believe their allegations loaded with ulterior motives.
7. To make allegations now, they are aware that it is a serious breach of their fiduciary duty by not reporting these allegations while they occupied their respective offices.
8. The first salvo in this campaign was fired by these disgruntled officials placing various allegations to the SABC. This attempt however, gained little traction and was largely ignored. Allegations are now also placed with Sunday newspapers.
9. In the meantime, the NEC has approved the cooperation agreement between the Qatar FA as well as the Russian FA.
Please observe the government Covid-19 regulations: Stay at home, Wash your hands, Keep social distance and Keep safe.
Let us all help flatten the curve.