Age: 46 years
Born: 9 February 1971
- Educational Background:
- Matriculated at Phumulani High School in
- Graduated with BA Law from National University of Lesotho in 1996.
- Obtained Certificate in Estate Agency through Estate Agency Affairs Board in 1999.
- Obtained Certificate in Local Economic Development through GIJIMA KZN in 2008.
- Graduated with LLB degree from UNISA in 2015
- Currently studying towards LLM (Corporate Law) through UNISA.
- Memberships and Accreditations
- Registered Commissioner of Oaths of the Republic of South Africa with Department of Justice.
- Registered Tax Practitioner with South African Revenue Services (SARS).
- Member of the following professional bodies:
- South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT)
- Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (IoDSA)
- South African Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioners Association (SARIPA)
- Employment History
- Worked as Depot Manager for SASKO Bakery (Nquthu Depot) in 1996.
- Became an associate with Maritz Taljaard & Associates for Nquthu Office in 1997.
- Became a Legal Assistant and Adviser for Salunothe Trust Services for Durban office in 1998.
- Chief Executive Officer of my own company: S B Xaba and Associates Consulting Services (Pty) Ltd since 2007.
- Served as Deceased Estate & Legal Professional for B M Thusini Attorneys from February 2015 to September 2015.
Also hold directorships in the following companies:
- Nomahhuku Investments (Pty) Ltd.
- National Property Agencies (Pty) Ltd
- Imbuya Investments (Pty) Ltd
- Hoy Park Management (Ltd) Ltd
- LNS Group Inc
- Umnotho WaMangwe Investment Company (Pty) Ltd
- Isandlwana Spring Water (Pty) Ltd
- David Rattray Foundation (NPC)
- Ibhola Lethu Investments (Pty) Ltd
- Social Involvement
Currently serving as:
- SAFA National Executive Committee Member
- Co-chairperson of SAFA KZN Provincial Executive Council
- Deputy Chairperson of SAFA Legal & Constitutional; Membership Affairs and Players Status Cluster Committee
- Chairperson of SAFA Dispute Resolution and Players Status Committee
- Regional President of SAFA Umzinyathi Region;
- Vice Chairperson of Mangwebuthanani Traditional Council;
- Chairperson of Isandlwana Community Development Foundation Trust;
- Trustee of David Rattray Community Upliftment Trust;
- Trustee of David Rattray Rural Community Upliftment Trust;
- Deputy Chairperson of Nquthu Aids Organisation;
- Member of Hospital Board for Charles Johnson Memorial (CJM) Hospital
Served in the following positions:
- Chairperson of Nquthu Youth Development Forum;
- Secretary of NAFCOC Youth KwaZulu-Natal
- Trustee of: Greater Nquthu Development Trust;
- Isandlwana Education Appeal Trust
- Nquthu Samukelisiwe Children Trust (with David Rattray);
- Secretary of Nquthu Football Association
- 1st Deputy President: SAFA Northern KwaZulu-Natal
- Chairperson SAFA KZN PEC Finance and Procurement Committee;
- Member of SAFA Disciplinary Committee (KZN)
- Member of SAFA Finance and Administration Committee
- Views on football development
While a lot has been done in terms of football development in this country, my view is that lot of attention must be paid to strengthening of lower structures (Regions and LFAs), both in terms of human personnel and proper facilities, in order to enhance their statutory mandate to develop amateur football.
Therefore, I hold a view that SAFA must focus more on these two layers as they are the base for proper football development and the acceleration of talented players from amateur to professional football. This will also enhance all our national teams’ performance and excellence. Secondly, a proper score-card in terms our Vision 2022 must be developed as this will serve as an indicator of both our successes and challenges going forward.