14 July 2021 – The South African Football Association (SAFA) has appointed former Banyana Banyana captain Amanda Dlamini as Senior Manager responsible for Commercial and Marketing.
Among Dlamini’s core responsibilities will be:
• To oversee and monitor the management and service of SAFA’s commercial partners/sponsors for all SAFA events, projects and other opportunities;
• Coordinate the compilation of all updates on events and marketing reports;
• Create a true partnership with commercial partners by building a strong relationship through frequent relevant communication;
• Familiarise oneself with the commercial partners’ business/marketing interests, goals and objectives and how SAFA properties can support achieving them;
• Identify relevant and meaningful marketing leverage opportunities for commercial partners;
• Drafting of marketing strategies.
• Obtain approval of the marketing strategy and budget
• Ensure delivery of contractual rights;
• Continuously add value to commercial partners;
• Manage event related tasks.
SAFA CEO, Advocate Tebogo Motlanthe said Amanda’s appointment was a welcome addition to the national Association’s administrative structure. ‘’It has been SAFA’s tradition to promote our past legends to administrative roles and Amanda’s appointment is one such. We welcome her to the SAFA family,’’ said Advocate Motlanthe.