Maccabi FC have been confirmed as the final ABC Motsepe side that will take part in this year’s ABC Motsepe League National Play Offs after the DC ruled in their favour this week.
Following an ongoing DC case between Maccabi and Vaal Professionals, Maccabi will represent the Gauteng Province during the play offs which are scheduled to kick off on Monday, 5 June to Sunday, 11 June in East London.
CASE NO #ABC/16-71/GP/03/DC35
The first Respondent Maccabi FC, Second Respondent Sello Motheta and Third Respondent Dumisane Bohale and Vaal Professionals FC
The Respondents were charged with misconduct in terms of the Uniform Rules and Regulations on Ethics and Anti Corruption, for having tried to influence the game between Vaal Professionals and Maccabi FC
-1st and 2nd Respondents are found guilty as charged;
– Sello Motheta is banned from all football activities for a period of six (6) years;
– First and second Respondents are jointly and severally fined an amount of R240000-00 with 50% payable prior play offs;
– failure to pay will result in the first Respondent not participating in the coming play offs;
– The third Respondent found not guilty;
– The first and second Respondent to jointly and severally pay the costs of the complainant inclusive of the Counsel’s costs;
– The complaint fee to be refunded
For the full DC Outcome (Click here)