SAFA Schools Football is one of the standing committees of SAFA as prescribed in the SAFA Statutes.
The committee is responsibilities are as follows:
- To regulate schools football competitions;
- Advise the National Executive Committee on any matters pertaining to schools football, such as technical, administrative and competitions requirements for schools football;
- Monitor the Association’s Schools football competitions in compliance with the provisions of the Constitution and the regulations applicable to SAFA competitions;
- Collaborate with the SAFA Competitions Committee to align schools football competitions with other SAFA competitions;
- Monitor and oversee the implementation of schools football programmes;
- Ensure alignment with Government’s Schools Sports Plan in the framework of the National Sports & Recreation Plan;
- Submit regular reports to the NEC.
The Schools Football committee members are from the 9 Provinces, they are responsible of football at Schools and setting up structures from the LFA Level to the Region and up to the Provincial level. This structure will ensure proper delivery of Schools Football within those Provinces.
The Schools Football committee will ensure programmes are happening in both Primary and Secondary Schools
- Primary Schools
- Grassroots Programme U6 – U11(Boys and Girls)
- U13 League (Boys and Girls)
- Secondary Schools – Leagues
- U15 (Boys and Girls)
- U17 (Boys and Girls)
- U19 (Boys – Kay Motsepe Schools Cup)
- U19 (Girls)
- Coaches development
- The empowerment of our coaches is key hence the committee will also give a greater focus on improve the coaches across all schools. This will be done through the SAFA Coaching Education to ensure that our kids get the best possible coaching from a young age.
- SRSA Schools Championships
- U13 and U17 (Boys & Girls) – Inter Provincial Championships which are held in June/July serve as a platform to select players for the Youth National Teams.