D License Coaching Course
D License Introductory courses are usually organised by the Regional FA’s, sometimes in co-operation with municipalities. SAFA only facilitates and supervises the course.
Candidates are advised to contact their respective region(s) for further information regarding introductory courses around their area(s). SAFA will assist if the interested individual(s) are not succeeding with their region(s).
Basic Course Information
The course will usually be conducted twice over a number of consecutive days between 8.00 – 18.00 hrs (i.e. Phase 1 & Phase 2) totalling up to 80 hours with a distance learning of 6 weeks in between the two phases.
Candidates will have to undergo training and assessment in both theoretical and practical work on a daily basis. The course is organised by our regional association.
- It is a 5 days course
- The course is conducted over a period of five days or weekends
- The course allows the coach to train children and youths
- The course provides opportunities for youth to play football and have fun
- The course targets boys and girls aged 6-12 years through schools and communities
- The course is organized by SAFA Regional Association and LFA’s