4 November 2021 – A total of 2000 spectators will be allowed to attend the Bafana Bafana v Zimbabwe FIFA World Cup qualifier that will be played at FNB Stadium on Thursday, 11 November 2021. The match kicks off at 21h00.
South Africa lead Group G standings with 10 points from 4 games and remain the only unbeaten side in the Group. A win over Zimbabwe will push South Africa closer to qualifying for the knock out stage, making this penultimate encounter against neighbours Zimbabwe, a must watch for fans.
Speaking at a Press Conference to explain the processes of next Thursday’s important encounter, SAFA Chief Medical Officer, Dr Thulani Ngwenya said 2000 fans ‘who are fully vaccinated as per national Government Regulations’ will be allowed to watch the match.
Dr Ngwenya said there will be slight exceptions for those in Zone 1 and 2 because this category falls under FIFA regulations.
“Everyone in Zone 1 and 2 falls under FIFA regulations which state that they must produce a negative Covid-19 PCR certificate not older 48 hours. Though it is not obligatory for those in Zone 1 and 2 to get vaccinated, we are however, encouraging everyone to get vaccinated,’’ said Dr Ngwenya.
Outside those in Zone 1 and 2, Dr Ngwenya said only people who have a valid ticket, vaccination certificate and ID will be admitted to the stadium on the day of the match.
‘’Please don’t come to the stadium if you don’t have any of the 3 documents. Remember to wear mask at all times and seat where you are allocated because that is done to comply with social distancing,’’ added Dr Ngwenya.
Meanwhile, the tickets for the Bafana Bafana v Zimbabwe game will go on sale on Friday, 5 November at midday and can be purchased through online via www.ticketmaster.co.za
https://www.ticketmaster.co.za/user/events/upcoming from Friday midday.
Each ticket cost R100 and will be sold via the Ticketmaster online platform. A total of 1584 tickets will be sold to the public while 200 complimentary tickets have been set aside for the match. Another 216 tickets are reserved for the VIP, 90 Presidential Suite and 126 for Super Suite.
Stadium Management SA CEO, Bertie Grobbelaar urged spectators to respect the rights of other fans.
• Tickets will only be sold in Pods of 2 (two) seats based on the approved social distance guidelines, no single seats are available,
• Tickets are priced at R100 per ticket, therefore a pod of 2 seats will be R200,
• The names of both attendees are required when purchasing tickets,
• Tickets for entry will be accessible via the following platforms:
o Tickets will be emailed to each purchaser on the email used to create the account after the transaction has successfully been completed;
o Tickets can be accessed on their profile using a desktop or mobile device here https://www.ticketmaster.co.za/user/events/upcoming;
o Fans are able to access their tickets using the TicketMaster Mobile App iOS & Google Play;
o Tickets can also be scanned direct from their mobile device and it is not required to print the tickets;
• Tickets should be ready to be scanned when greeted by security.
• No tickets will be sold at the venue.
• All ticket holders are required to be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination as well photo identification is required for entry;
o Johnson & Johnson (Jansen) – 14 days from vaccination,
o Pfizer (Comirnaty) – 14 days from second vaccination,
• Fans with no tickets will be denied access into the venue precinct
• Fans are cautioned from purchasing fake match day tickets as these will not grant you access into the venue
• No ticket sales on the event day at the Venue.
Grobbelaar reiterated that tickets must booked only through Ticketmaster to attend the match.
‘’Once booking is confirmed on the first come first served basis, a ticket will be issued to your email address. To attend the match, you must be fully vaccinated and to enter the stadium, please bring your electronic ticket or printed ticket and your ID with you including the proof of vaccination.’’
• Access control will be in place to verify your vaccination against your ID
• Sit in your reserved allocated seat due to social distancing requirement and
• Social distance seating will be strictly enforced.