12 June 2021 – The South African Football Association (SAFA) accepts the ruling by the Gauteng Deputy Judge President, Roland Sutherland who ruled that the application to review the arbitration ruling by Epstein SC and Cassim SC be dismissed.
‘’As far as the Association is concerned, we are happy with the outcome,’’ said SAFA CEO, Advocate Tebogo Motlanthe.
In his ruling on Saturday, 12 June 2021, DJP Sutherland said the application to review the arbitration award given by Epstein SC and Cassim SC is dismissed.
‘’The counterclaim for a declaration order in these terms is granted:
(1) Where a DC or Arbitrator makes a finding of misconduct in terms of the NSL handbook for which there is no express sanction specifically provided in the NSL handbook, the DC or Arbitrator has a discretion on the appropriate sanction considering all relevant circumstances and range of possible sanctions in Rule 57.13 of the NSL handbook.
(2) The DC or Arbitrator is not obliged to apply Article 22 of the FIFA disciplinary code or Article 55 of the SAFA disciplinary code.
(3) The costs incurred by Sekhukhune United FC shall be borne by Polokwane City FC, Royal AM FC jointly, and severally, the one paying the other is absolved.
(4) Both SAFA and PSL shall bear their own costs
(5) The application to review the arbitration award given by Cassim SC on 11 May 2021 is dismissed.
(6) The costs incurred by Richards Bay FC shall be borne by TS Sporting FC.’’