24 February 2020 – Bottom of the table Richmond Ladies caused a major upset in the SAFA National Women’s League (SNWL) when they defeated 8th placed University of Western Cape 1-0 at Ikamva Grounds in Parow on Saturday, 22 February 2020.
With the victory, Richmond moves to 11th position with 10 points, swopping places with Tsunami Queens who are two adrift.
This is Richmond’s third win of the season after 20 outings.
In another unexpected result, 10th placed Thunderbirds Ladies jump to ninth spot with 16 points after brushing aside University of Johannesburg 1-0 at the AW Muller Stadium in Auckland Park.
This is their second win in a row after beating Coal City Wizards 4-3 last weekend.
Thunderbirds, who registered their fourth win of the season, leapfrog Golden Ladies who lost 2-3 to Durban Ladies. The latter moves two places up from 8th to position six.
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) returned to their winning ways after thrashing Tsunami Queens 6-1 on Sunday, 23 February 2020 at Bohlokong Stadium.
The result sees TUT rise up to 51 points after 20 games, but still nine points behind log leaders Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies, who strengthened their lead with a dominant 4-1 victory over Coal City Wizards at the Witbank Rugby Stadium.
First Touch Academy and Bloemfontein Celtic Ladies cancelled each other out with a 2-2 draw at the Jan Smuts Stadium.
Celtic is third on the log table on 40 points, seven ahead of First Touch who are in fourth place.
- Sundowns has won 20 matches out of 20
- Tsunami Queens has won the least matches – 2 out of 20
- TUT has lost the least number of matches – 1 out of 20
- Tsunami and Richmond Ladies have lost the most matches – 16 each
- TUT has the scored the most goals – 80
- Richmond has conceded the most goals – 66
- Sundowns has conceded the least number of goals – 10
- Richmond Ladies and Tsunami Queens have scored the least – 20
- University of Western Cape has drawn the most matches – 8
- Tsunami still has to hit double digits in terms of points – they are on 8
SATURDAY, 22 FEBRUARY 2020
Durban Ladies 3 – 2 Golden Ladies
First Touch Academy 2 – 2 Bloemfontein Celtic Ladies
Coal City Wizards 1 – 4 Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies
University of WC 0 – 1 Richmond Ladies
University of JHB 0 – 1 Thunderbirds Ladies
SUNDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2020
Tsunami Queens 1 – 6 TUT
Click on a team to view details
|4||First Touch Academy||19||10||3||6||50||40||10||33|
|5||Coal City Wizards||19||8||5||6||34||34||0||29|
|7||University of JHB||20||8||1||11||32||53||-21||25|
|8||University of WC||19||5||8||6||39||25||14||23|