27 January 2020 – Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies and TUT are fighting tooth and nail to see who triumph at the end of the inugural SAFA National Women’s League.
Both comfortably won their fixtures by an avalanche of goals – Sundowns defeating second from bottom Tsunami Queens 8-0, while TUT also won by the same margin against beat Richmond Ladies who are last on the league table.
A total of 27 goals were scored this past weekend.
Sundowns continue to be top of the table with 45 points from 15 games, with one in hand. They are closely followed by TUT, who are four points adrift and have played one more match than Sundowns.
In other fixtures, Bloemfontein Celtic Ladies showed no mercy to Thunderbirds Ladies, beating them 4-0.
First Touch Academy moved up to position four on the table following a 2-1 win over the University of Western Cape. The former swopped places with Coal City Wizards who were also beaten 2-1 by Durban Ladies, while the University of Johannesburg brushed aside Golden Ladies 1-0.
- Sundowns is still to draw or lose a match
- TUT is the highest-scoring team with 64 goals from 16 games
- Richmond Ladies is shy in front of goals with only 14 strikes in 16 matches
- Sundowns is tight at the back and have conceded only 8 goals
- Richmond is very generous with 58 goals against them
- UJ and Richmond (together with Sundowns) are the only teams who are yet to play a draw
- Thunderbirds, Tsunami and Richmond have won the least number of matches – 2 each
- Sundowns and TUT have won the most – 15 and 13 respectively
- UWC has drawn the most matches – 7
- Richmond has lost the most – 14
- Tsunami and Richmond are yet to hit double figures in terms of points – they are on 7 and 6 respectively
Upcoming fixtures, recent results and current log standings are always available at mysafa.net/wnl.