5 October 2018 – Captain of the Sasol-sponsored Banyana Banyana, Janine van Wyk, says the two friendly matches against their counterparts from Chile will go a long way in preparing them for the upcoming 2018 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations scheduled for Ghana next month. The South Africans will face the host nation on Saturday, 6 October with the second match scheduled for Tuesday, 9 October. The first match will kickoff at 18h30 local time (23h30 South African time) at Estadio Sausalito in Vina del Mar, while the second fixture will take place at Estadio Santa Laura in the capital Santiago. Kickoff is at 03h00 South African time (22h00 local time). This will be the first ever meeting between the two nations, and Banyana Banyana is the first African women’s national team to be invited and play in Chile.
- Our victory is your victory – Banyana coach Ellis to predecessor Pauw
- Mkhalele pleased with foundation laid for SA U-23 Olympic squad
- Youthful Bafana Bafana progress into the next round of the CHAN qualifier
- We cannot take Comoros lightly – Phillips
- Safa president Dr Jordaan wishes youthful Bafana well against Comoros