The South African Football Association, as the governing body of football in South Africa is committed to:
- Promoting and facilitating the development of football through infrastructural and training initiatives;
- Engaging in pro-active dialogue with the government to generate a partnership in recognition of football as a national asset;
- Creating an image of being a stable, progressive and innovative institution;
- Creating a mutually beneficial relationship with the corporate world;
- Contributing to Africa’s ascendancy in world football through the hosting of major events in Africa, while aspiring and striving to become a leading football playing nation.