World football governing body FIFA in collaboration with CAF, have organised the first Regional Club Licensing Seminar touching on all aspects of Football on the Continent.
World football governing body FIFA in collaboration with CAF, have organised the first Regional Club Licensing Seminar touching on all aspects of Football on the Continent.The seminar will run from 22-23 March in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The two-day seminar will be conducted by several prominent FIFA and CAF officials and will be opened by South African Football Association (SAFA) President Danny Jordaan on Tuesday morning. Former Liverpool goalkeeper Shaka Hislop will deliver the opening keynote speech.
Also in attendance will be Regional secretary generals, Premier Soccer League senior representatives and club licensing managers.
The general objectives of the club licensing seminar include:
- Promoting and improving of the quality and level of all Football aspects on the African continent;
- Ensuring that Clubs have the appropriate Infrastructure, knowledge and application in respect of management and organisation;
- Adapting and improving the Sporting Infrastructure of Clubs.
- Improving the Economic and Financial capacity of Clubs through proper corporate governance and control;
- Ensuring and guaranteeing the continuity of International clubs Competitions during the season;
- Allowing parallel development and comparison amongst Clubs by ensuring the necessary compliance in terms of Financial, Sporting, Legal, Administrative and Infrastructure Criteria.
SAFA President, Dr Jordaan said this seminar was critical in improving professionalism within the clubs set-up on the continent.
“This is a very important seminar and will help our clubs move towards greater efficiency and professionalism. This is the future for the game and I am glad our Region is among the first to benefit from this exercise,” said Jordaan of the upcoming seminar.