Under-23 National Team
International Debut: vs Ghana (16 October, 1994 in Cape Town)
- Winners Indian Ocean Tournament in 1997
- Winners Four Nations Tournament, 1998.
- First African country to compete in Festival International “Espoirs in France.
- Third Place All Africa Games, 1999.
- Olympic Games debut in Sydney 2000.
- Winners Five Nations Tournament, 2002.
- Runners-up Sasol International Tournament in 2006.
THE FIRST GAME
The first Game was played on October 16, 1994 against Ghana at Athlone stadium in Cape Town , This was the under 23's first international friendly. The final score was 0-0 the South African Under 23 squad consisted of the following players:-
Brian Baloyi, Shahiem Bobbs, Thami Mtsholongo, Percy Molotsane, Willem Jackson, Zane Alexander, Brandan Silent, Thabang Lebese (Cassius Sibeko 77'), Arthur Zwane (Thabo Mooki 89'), George Koumantarakis (Randall Borman 63'), Andries Sebola.
Coach: Mich d'Avray.
The South African Football Association (SAFA) and Sasol have unveiled a structured and focused plan to sustain the momentum of Amaglug-glug™, the SA National Under 23 side, over the next four years leading up to the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008.
The plan follows within a week of Sasol's announcement that it will sponsor the Amaglug-glug™ with R40 million over the next four years. Sasol's association with the Amaglug-glug™ team and SAFA began in 1994 and so far the company has invested R75 million in the team and development of soccer in South Africa.