Click here to view March - April 2014 Coaching Education Schedule
Click here to view the February - March 2014 Coaching Education Schedule
SAFA Instructors Coaching Course
The SAFA Coaching Education Department will be conducting an Instructors Coaching Course, from the 14th – 23rd June 2014, SAFA House, Nasrec.
Entry requirements for the course are:
- Active Coaches with SAFA Level 2 or 3 Coaching Certificate
- CV including all contact details – mobile number, fax, e-mail (maximum 2 pages)
- Coaching Activity report (maximum 2 pages)
- Copy of SAFA Level 2 or 3 Certificate
- Application/Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
- One letter of reference from the Region/LFA (1 page)
- Copy of Identity Document
- A commitment fee of R 5000.00 (non refundable) should be paid to SAFA’s account
· SAFA will provide accommodation, meals and the facilities. The candidate should make his or her own travel arrangements.
NB. The Commitment Course Fee of R 5000.00 should be paid if the applicant has received an Acceptance Letter from the Coaching Education Department and failure to adhere to any of the entry requirements will result in the candidates’ application not to be approved.
All interested coaches should send their applications by e-mail or fax by no later than 2nd May 2014 to: Christina Phafane: Fax no. 086 6807917 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Late and incomplete applications as well as applications exceeding 12 pages will not be considered.
The SAFA Coaching Education Department will not enter into discussions relating to applications for the course.
Click here to download the attached the SAFA Activity Report [Right-click to save]
SAFA Ekurhuleni Region will be hosting the 2nd phase of the SAFA B-License Coaching Course from the 31st March – 9th April 2014 at the Germiston Stadium.
NB: The Instructors are Mr. Steve Coetzee and Mr. Frans Mogashoa with a CAF Instructor scheduled to join the proceedings from the 06–09 April 2014 for assessment
Phase Two – Part 3 & 4: Introductory Course, SAFA – UMgungundlovu (Pietermaritzburg) – 15 & 16 – 22 & 23 June 2013
SAFA Coaching Course in Dundee - SAFA Umzinyathi 15 to 17 March 2013
SAFA currently has a Coaching Education System in place with 4 different levels: Introductory (8 days), Level 1 (20 days), Level 2 (24 days) and Level 3 (63 days).
The Association advertises all higher level courses (Level 1 or higher) on the SAFA web site.
Introductory courses are usually organized by the Regional FA’s, sometimes in co-operation with municipalities. SAFA only facilitates and supervises the course.
Applicants are advised to contact their respective region(s) for further information regarding Introductory courses around their area(s), SAFA will only assist provided the interested individual(s) are not succeeding with their region(s).
Introductory Coaching Course (Basic Course)
·This is an eight days course.
·The course will usually be conducted two times over a period of four consecutive days between 8.00 – 18.00 hrs (i.e. Phase 1 & Phase 2) totaling to 80 hours with a distance learning of 6 weeks in between the two phases.
·Candidates have to undergo training and assessment in both theoretical and practical work on a daily basis. The course is organized by our regional association.
·We have 52 Regions around the country. You need to contact/register with your SAFA Region and check with them when they are intending to host the course.
·To complete all different levels you have to show the abilities to do so, and calculate minimum 3-5 years.
Level 1 Coaching Course
Admission Requirements and Information
Applicants MUST be in possession of the SAFA Introductory Coaching Certificate (the certificate must be at least eight (8) months old) or an equivalent certificate approved by the SAFA Coaching Education Department.
Former professional players who have at least five (5) years playing experience in the national highest league are exempted from the Introductory Coaching Course; they are advised to acquaint themselves with the contents of the Introductory Coaching Course Manual before the start of the course.
To have coached a Senior or Junior Team since acquiring the Introductory Coaching Course certificate.
To submit a typed Activity Report (2 pages) about the practical coaching activities (description and evaluation) with a senior, provincial or Junior team since acquiring the Introductory Coaching Certificate.
To submit a typed detailed CV and a copy of Introductory Certificate.
Candidates must fully understand and know all the contents of the SAFA Introductory Coaching Manual. Participants will be tested on the eve of the course.
To be physically fit to undergo the practical demonstrations. A test (Cooper Test) will be administered on the eve of the course. (Failing the physical test will result in disqualification).
To submit a medical certificate (not older than four weeks) stating the candidates’ ability to undergo practical and theoretical work. The original certificate has to be submitted a day before the course commences.
All participants must bring along at least a standard set of personal sportswear (including football boots), a stop watch, a whistle and stationery for the duration of the course.
The course will be conducted in two different phases of 10 days (Phase 1 and 2) totalling 20 days.
Candidates are to pay for their travel.
SAFA Level 2 Coaching Course
Admission Requirements and Information
- SAFA Level 1 Certificate or an equivalent approved certificate
- Must have coached a senior or junior team since acquiring the Level 1 certificate.
- Submission of an Activity Report (a minimum of 3 pages) about the practical coaching activities (description and evaluation) with a senior, provincial or/and junior team and copy of Level 1 Certificate.
- Candidates must fully understand and know contents of the SAFA Level 1 Coaching Manual. Participants will be tested.
- To be physically fit to undergo the practical demonstrations. A test will be conducted at the beginning of the course.
- Submission of an original medical certificate – (not older than four weeks) – stating candidates’ ability to undergo practical and theoretical work. The level 1 certificate has to be submitted on the eve of the course.
- All participants must bring along at least a standard set of personal sportswear (including football boots), a stopwatch, a whistle and stationery for the duration of the course.
- The course will be conducted in three different time periods of eight (8) days each, totalling twenty four (24) days which is 240 hours.
- SAFA will provide accommodation, meals and the facilities. Candidates are to pay for their travel.
- A Course Fees of R 1000.00 (one thousand South African Rands) is payable into the SAFA Cheque Account.
NB: Only after participant has received an acceptance letter from the Coaching Education Department will they be eligible to partake.SAFA Level 3 Coaching Course
Admission Requirenents and Information
The entry requirements for the course are:
• SAFA Level 2 Coaching Certificate
• An International coaching qualification equivalent to an official UEFA A Licence
The final admission into the Level 3 course will be decided during a special “Aptitude and Selection test” . A maximum of sixty (60) short listed applicants will be invited for evaluation in theory and practical work during the test.
SAFA will cover the cost for meals and accommodation while participants are expected to provide their own transport to the course venue.
Late and incomplete applications as well as applications exceeding 12 pages will not be considered. The SAFA coaching education department will not enter into any discussions relating to the course applications.
- * Application/Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
- * CV (Curriculum Vitae) including all contact details e.g: Mobile number, fax, email (maximum 2 pages)
- * The SAFA Football Activity Report Sheet attached (The form can be downloaded or requested from the Department of coaching education)
- * One letter of reference (maximum 1 page)
- * Copy of the SAFA Level 2 Coaching Certificate or equivalent international coaching qualification e.g: UEFA A Licence
- * One copy of an Identity Document.