- SAFA Level 1 Certificate or an equivalent approved certificate
- Must have coached a senior or junior team since acquiring the Level 1 certificate.
- Submission of an Activity Report (a minimum of 3 pages) about the practical coaching activities (description and evaluation) with a senior, provincial or/and junior team and copy of Level 1 Certificate.
- Candidates must fully understand and know contents of the SAFA Level 1 Coaching Manual. Participants will be tested.
- To be physically fit to undergo the practical demonstrations. A test will be conducted at the beginning of the course.
- Submission of an original medical certificate – (not older than four weeks) – stating candidates’ ability to undergo practical and theoretical work. The level 1 certificate has to be submitted on the eve of the course.
- All participants must bring along at least a standard set of personal sportswear (including football boots), a stopwatch, a whistle and stationery for the duration of the course.
- The course will be conducted in three different time periods of eight (8) days each, totalling twenty four (24) days which is 240 hours.
- SAFA will provide accommodation, meals and the facilities. Candidates are to pay for their travel.
- A Course Fees of R 1000.00 (one thousand South African Rands) is payable into the SAFA Cheque Account.
NB: Only after participant has received an acceptance letter from the Coaching Education Department will they be eligible to partake.SAFA Level 3 Coaching Course
Admission Requirenents and Information
The entry requirements for the course are:
• SAFA Level 2 Coaching Certificate
• An International coaching qualification equivalent to an official UEFA A Licence
The final admission into the Level 3 course will be decided during a special “Aptitude and Selection test” . A maximum of sixty (60) short listed applicants will be invited for evaluation in theory and practical work during the test.
SAFA will cover the cost for meals and accommodation while participants are expected to provide their own transport to the course venue.
Late and incomplete applications as well as applications exceeding 12 pages will not be considered. The SAFA coaching education department will not enter into any discussions relating to the course applications.
- * Application/Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
- * CV (Curriculum Vitae) including all contact details e.g: Mobile number, fax, email (maximum 2 pages)
- * The SAFA Football Activity Report Sheet attached (The form can be downloaded or requested from the Department of coaching education)
- * One letter of reference (maximum 1 page)
- * Copy of the SAFA Level 2 Coaching Certificate or equivalent international coaching qualification e.g: UEFA A Licence
- * One copy of an Identity Document.